Bridgman Hill Farm is a collaboration between Ryan and Annie Andrus and the Cellars of Jasper Hill. We’ll be starting up on May 1st, 2019 with 300 lactating goats and adding an additional 250 goats in September of 2019. Our milk will be integrated into Jasper Hill’s delicious cheese line and this goat dairy will embody their innovative and spirited approach to an age-old art. Bridgman Hill Farm has been outfitted with state of the at equipment and is being led by experienced and engaged farmers.
Unique opportunity at startup goat dairy in the northeast kingdom. The farm is in need of a dedicated and eager team member capable of assisting with startup and continuing into the future. The schedule will be demanding, and will include split shifts, weekends, holidays, etc. On-farm training & education will be provided.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Feeding and milking animals
· Operate equipment: skid-steer, tractor & TMR cart
· Herd management: vaccinating, hoof trimming, kid rearing
· Maintenance of facilities & equipment
· Compost Management
· Ensure animals are handled in a way consistent with the cleanliness needed to make raw milk cheese
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
· Experience working with animals
· Strong Communication skills; computer skills; attention to detail
· Experience running farm equipment
· Independently Motivated and team oriented
· Able to learn quickly, ask questions, share concerns, seek information/answers, problem solve
· Must be able to lift 50 lbs regularly, be able to bend and kneel, and have a good sense of balance.
This is an intensely physical position that involves working in the elements.