Jasper Hill Cheesemakers are driven to their best. The work is physical, fast-paced and mentally stimulating. The capacity to think ahead to plan your workflow, stamina to keep moving, and ability to continually improve the process are essential. This role starts early, a majority of the time is spent cleaning, and it requires working at least one weekend day. Someone who enjoys fast paced production work can find deep satisfaction in creating a delicious product with a team that works well together. Tasting and evaluating the cheese produced is an important and tasty part of cheesemaking. Be a part of a team that has a sense of purpose and pride in the work they do.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Follow recipes to produce a variety of cheeses
· Cleaning and sanitizing all cheesemaking and cheese care equipment
· Following established protocols for cheese quality and food safety
· Use of pH meter, moisture analyzer, and other technical equipment
· Record keeping to maintain cheesemaking database
· Assist in training visitors and new employees
· TWO YEARS CHEESEMAKING EXPERIENCE
· Detail- and process-oriented
· Good communication skills
· Self-motivated, asks questions, seeks information, shares concerns & problem solves
· Ability to work with others in a respectful, cooperative manner
· Ability to work on your feet for long stretches, and lift 60+ pounds
· Chemistry, Microbiology or culinary studies preferred
· We offer a competitive benefits package including Health Insurance and PTO for full-time employees.
· This position is 40-45 hours a week.
How To Apply
Email us at email@example.com to submit your resumé and 3 references.