Part-time employees work alongside our full-time staff to assist the Aging and Shipping/Receiving teams. The primary focus is in wrapping cheese and cleaning cheese ripening materials. This is a hands-on position requiring a lot of time on your feet, the capacity to communicate with coworkers and supervisors, and a desire to learn about the artisan cheesemaking process. Weekend work is possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Wrap and package cheese
- Care of cheese in the vaults, including turning, washing and brushing
- Maintain a clean working environment; contribute to ongoing cleaning and maintenance schedules
- Follow all food safety protocols and GMPs
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Detail- and process-oriented, good follow-through
- Able to: learn quickly, ask questions, share concerns, seek information/answers, problem solve
- Computer literate
- Love of artisan cheese is a plus!
- Able to stand all day; able to bend, kneel, and lift 40 pounds
- Starts at $12/hour
PLEASE SUBMIT COMPLETED APPLICATIONS TO: WORK@JASPERHILLFARM.COM