We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated, experienced person to manage the Human Resources across our family of businesses. In this hands on role, the Director of HR will implement practices and objectives that will cultivate a strong team spirit and high performance culture that emphasizes quality, productivity, goal attainment, as well as the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce. Jasper Hill is in a growth stage and this position will be responsible for implementing and managing a Human Resources platform to achieve this growth. This position reports to the Executives and will assist and advise company managers about Human resources issues.
- Anticipates labor needs and finds the professional talent that helps the company
- Assists in supporting employees relocating to the community
- Ensures effective on boarding of new employees
Employee development and training
- Cultivates leadership through training, coaching and guidance to improve
- Responsible for employee orientation, development and training, including move forward
- Oversees the administrative support team for the JFOB. The focus of this team is manager’s skill set implementation of a documented training program focused on quality and continuous improvement.
- To create a consistent culture of and practices in Food Safety, Training, Education, Quality, and Open Book Management.
- Conducts reviews of administrative team and reports on Labor to the leadership
- Creates Global Labor Plan for all parts of the JFOB.
- Plans out a Compensation Strategy with the owners and leaders of the company
- Benefits administration and innovation
- Ensures the labor practices are in line with all state and federal regulations
- Resolves conflicts promptly and performs investigations in a professional
- Maintains Employee Handbook, keeps Company Policies current and
- Investigates and reports on workers compensation issues for insurance carriers
- Degree in Human Resources, Business or related field
- 7 years of experience in Human Resources, preferably in a supervisory role
- Knowledge of Vermont labor laws
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong public speaking and presenting skills
- Highly organized and the efficient time management skills
- Strong demonstration of dynamic leaderships skills and the ability to think manner ensuring fairness, open and clear communication and legal compliance.
- Strategically and effectively communicates changes to the Big Picture with staff
- Experience in administration of benefits and compensation programs