We are looking for people with solid cow experience with the ability to run cropping equipment who can pay attention to details and follow protocols to round out our team. We have two farms. One is a herd of 160-180 Holstein cows with a milking parlor and a free-stall barn. The other is a herd of 45 Ayrshires in a tie stall barn. These employees will play a huge part in our cropping team.
Our milking practices are meticulous to ensure the high quality and safety of our raw milk, which becomes cheese. Ideally, candidates would have experience with herd health and the desire to help move our farm forward. The Jasper Hill Family of Businesses is growing, and more opportunities will be opening up. Contact us to learn more.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Helping with farm chores including feeding, cleaning, and cropping hay in the summer
• Milking cows
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
• Experience milking cows
• Mechanical repair skills are a plus
• Strong communication and basic computer skills
• Able to learn quickly, ask questions, share concerns, seek information/answers, problem solve
• Independently motivated and team oriented
Must be able to lift 60 lbs regularly, be able to bend and kneel, and have a good sense of balance. This position is intensely physical.
*valid driver's license required
Compensation is dependent upon experience.