Part time & full time positions available
Jasper Hill Farm is a leader in the artisan cheese industry, producing award-winning cheeses that are nationally and internationally acclaimed. We’re a mission-based company, working to preserve Vermont’s agricultural soils and working landscape through farmstead cheese production. Our family of businesses includes two dairies, two creameries, and a state-of-the-art underground aging facility that matures & markets cheese for 5 creameries. Our farm is located in the beautiful, rural, rolling hills of Greensboro, VT. Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to join our world-class team!
Just as milk is key to cheese quality, our team is critical to the success of our business as a whole. We value teamwork and collaboration, encouraging both individual and collective success. As a growing and diverse business, there will always be opportunities for those who excel at their work and take pride in building something new.
Ripening Cheddars takes physical stamina, the capacity to work efficiently and desire to do your best. The ripening crew is hard working and knows how to balance hustle with attention to detail. The ideal candidate enjoys physically demanding work and is curious about cheese and ripening. The position is balanced out with cleaning ripening tools and working with smaller cheeses. Come be a part of a team that has a sense of purpose and pride in the work they do.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· General cheese care: receiving, turning, and wrapping
· Maintain a clean working environment
· Safely operate and clean all cheese care equipment
· Assist training visitors, interns, and new employees
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
· Detail- and process-oriented, good follow-through
· Able to learn quickly, ask questions, share concerns, seek information/answers, problem solve
· Able to work independently and with a team
· Computer literate
· Love of cheese is a plus!
· Able to stand all day; able to bend, kneel, and regularly lift 45+ pounds
We offer a competitive benefits package including Health Insurance, 401K and PTO for full-time employees.
HOW TO APPLY
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application or submit your resumé and 3 references.
Learn more about our company and open positions at www.jasperhillfarm.com/employment