We are looking for a Lead Cheesemonger for our stall in the Boston Public Market! The BPM team sells our delicious products at a cut-to-order cheese counter and serves several hot prepared food items featuring our cheeses. We thrive on providing outstanding customer service and finding the right cheese for every palate. This full-time position includes work on the weekends. Enjoy a taste of Vermont in the city of Boston surrounded by the other artisan producers of the Boston Public Market.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Be the primary cheese person behind our cut to order cheese counter
- Enthusiastically engage with customers while selling cheese
- Sample, cut and wrap the Cellars at Jasper Hill cheese collection
- Maintain par levels and advise shop manager on weekly cheese orders
- Adhere to batch tracking and sanitary protocols
- Stock and set up the cheese case display
- Participate in Boston area events and tasting
- Proactively attract visitors to the market and counter with creativity and persistence
- Provide excellent customer service while being an ambassador for our industry
- Coverage for the prepared foods part of the stall as needed
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- 2 years of experience of selling cheese behind a cheese counter preferred
- Love of cheese!
- Desire to learn about cheesemaking and aging processes, cheese pairings & serving
- Great customer service and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Able to work on your feet all day and lift up to 40 pounds
Compensation Depends upon experience. We offer a competitive benefits package including Health Insurance, 401K and PTO.